Friday, April 17, 2009

Whats the worst thing that someone could ask an infertile?

A few days ago, while I was at work one of the sweet old ladies that live in the building asked me if I was pregnant. She asked this because I carry most of my weight in my tummy, like most people with PCOS. Lately because I have been looseing weight from everywhere except my tummy I really do look 4 or 5 months pregnant. It's not like she knows about my situation. No one at my job does. What makes this worse is that this woman is a retired OBGYN. I dont blame her for asking. I know that she would be very happy if I was. ( Working where I do its almost like haveing 200 or so members of extended family.) Since then I've sorta been in a funk. I let my workouts slip and I've been eating a little crappy this week and I'm so mad at myself for that. I'm not sure how much I've gained but I know this week will be another gain, probably bigger then last week.

I don't know why I can't keep up with my work outs. Its not like I'm attempting the impossible here. I'm just aiming to work out at least 4 times a week.

Starting Sunday I am going to write on here everytime I workout. I think I'm going to just put down what I do that day... Feel free to skip over the borring parts if you feel the need.

Okay so I also read today that you should make a big goal, then break it up into smaller ones. So here it is. My Overall Goal Is: I am going to loose 40 pounds by Christmas this year. I think after this weeks giant screw up I probly weigh about 215( I havent stepped foot on the scale) so looseing 40 pounds would bring me down to 175, which is about right for my height ( 6').

This weeks small goal is : I'm going to work out 4 times, and my weight loss goal is 1.5 pounds.

On a happier note, I got a rise yesterday! .50 so in a year of working there I've gotten 1.50 in raises. That rocks! I love my job! Also some people sold thier unit, and they got rid of all thier furntiure and stuff. ( This was their vacation home) They gave me a really nice table and chairs and matching bar stools. So this week hasnt been all bad after all.

No comments: