Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A New Look...

... for a brand new start.

Since I'm moving right now, and I get a fresh start I thought it was time to change up the background of this pit in which I spew my insanity.

There's something about laying on a leaky air mattress on my living room floor, in my empty house, listening to katydids chirp, and feeling the breeze blow a faint hint of fall through the window, that makes change feel comfortable. Like clockwork, every two years just as hurricane season rolls in, we roll out. To a new life, a fresh start, a different duty station for Hub, and a new job for me. All of our belongings get boxed up and sent to where ever the Navy deems should be our new home. This year that place is Detroit.

Detroit, the land of recession and job loss. Good for Hub, he's going to be a recruiter. Maybe, not so good for me, I don't know if there is a job there for me, but I will find out. There are plans to get a degree, and to find a new RE and begin the baby making process again.

Somewhere in the suburbs of Motor City Hub grew up, his side of our scattered family lives there, well most of it anyway. So that will be good for us. We have yet to live anywhere near family, unless you count that year we lived 4 hours from my Mom as near. I don't. I didn't get to see her as much as I had hoped, with all the crazy IF treatment and what not.

So tonight, I'm bracing myself for a 2 week road trip with exciting stops. Such as, Pittsburgh, and Nashville, and all of the rest areas between. Followed by living remotely for a month in FL, on the pan handle during hurricane season. Followed by a road trip back up to Detroit. My life right now is chaos. I'm afraid there is no other word for it, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

1 comment:

jill said...

Love the new look :)

Have a fun road trip! I really like road trips and seeing new places.

I hope your move goes smoothly! Moving to my current house was move #6 for me in about 11 years. I was so sick of moving. You have a great attitude about it.