Monday, August 24, 2009

Back in the Sneakers Agian.

Today I hopped back on the treadmill. I hadn't ran at all in at least a week, and I haven't had any sort of routine for the past month.

I'm really out of shape. After ten minutes on the treadmill I had to stop. My lungs burned, my shins hurt. Worst of all I felt every little bit of flab smacking and jiggling. It was awful, and I couldn't finish my twenty minutes. I feel pretty terrible about this, and I realized that I can't stop working out. I can't do that to myself.

So my new plan is to really make a a huge effort to work out more consistently. I need to keep on this path, and move forward, and not in reverse.

2 comments:

jill said...

Congrats on 198! So happy for you :)

Are you still doing a specific running program or are you just doing your own thing? It's so discouraging to feel so crappy while exercising. I know the "jiggling" feeling - bleh. Hope it gets better for you soon!

Kelli said...

Jenn...thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Feel free to stop by anytime! :)

Congrats on 198...that is AWESOME!! I'm on the weight loss journey, too, along with the TTC mess. Having PCOS makes the WL so difficult...at least for me. I've found that low carbing is the only thing that works for me because of the insulin resistance that comes with PCOS. But IT IS working...down 75 lbs. since January. Are you doing anything specific or just eating healthier?

Whatever you're doing, keep it up! Sounds like it's working. :)

And MAJOR KUDOS to you for helping your friend...what blessing you must be to her! She's lucky to have you.

Hope you don't mind if I stop by now and again...I'd love to see how the "Amazing Shrinking Woman" is doing.

All the best to you!