Monday, September 28, 2009

Watch Me Shrink AND Plan Reassessment.

This week I weighed in at 194. : ) That's a loss of 4 lbs since my last formal weigh in, on 8/24. It equals out to about a pound per week. I am very happy with this considering all the junk food I ate while traveling.

Its been a little while since I did a formal weigh in post, so I thought this would be a good time to reassess my eating and fitness plan.

Eating Plan:


My eating plan has been really off for the past month or so, since we have been on the move. I have been following calorie restriction for the last two weeks, and it has been going well, with the exception of a few days that I went a little over my allotted calories for the day. ( My birthday... *cough*... so it really doesn't count...)

The New and Improved Plan.

* Eat no more than my allotted calories per day. (Currently about 1500.) Decreasing them as needed, as my weight goes down to continue losing the weight.

If you are interested, here is a decent calculator to determine how many calories you need for a day. To lose weight, subtract 500 for one pound per week, or 1000 for two pounds per week. I use an app on my iPhone to keep track of my calories each day. Its really great because it also reduces them automatically as my weight goes down.

* I'm going to think about what my food choices will do for my body, so that I make better food choices.

* I'm slowly going to cut down on my carb intake. I have insulin resistance related to PCOS, and limiting my carb intake will help me manage my insulin resistance, and help me with my health in the long run. I'm not going to give them up, but I am going to reduce the amount, and choose whole grains when ever possible.

* I am going to increase my water intake again.

Exercise Plan:

Since I have free access to a great gym for the next month I am planing on taking full advantage of it.

* I'm going to go a minimum of 1.5 miles at a moderate to vigorous pace on either the treadmill or the elliptical. ( between 3.5 and 5 ) 4 to 5 times a week.

* I am going to work one major muscle group alternating each day. Abs, arms & legs.

Goals:

* Small goal weight- 180 lbs. ( loss of 16 lbs)

* Ultimate goal- 175 lbs. ( I might decide to lose more based on how I feel and look)

* I want to be able to run 1 mile at 5 or higher on the treadmill or the elliptical without stopping, by November. I think this is very possible, as I ran three miles yesterday, and a mile and a half today with an average speed of 4.5. I think maybe this might happen before November... fingers crossed.

BMI and Weight

Starting Weight - 235lbs. BMI- 31.9 - Obese.

Current - 194 lbs BMI- 26.3 - Overweight.

Small goal - 180 lbs BMI - 24.4 - Normal.

Ultimate goal - 175 BMI - 23.7 - Normal.

1 comment:

jill said...

Wowie you are doing AWESOME! Congrats on 194, I'm so excited for you! :)