Friday, January 20, 2012

I keep running...

Last week I started back down the path marked weight loss again. I've got about 35 pounds to lose again. Oddly 20 of it isn't baby weight, its post baby weight. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I have gained back extra weight after having Jack. But I did. I got really weak from being on bed rest for over two months. I got discouraged, whenever I tried to work out. I went from running 4 miles to getting hopelessly winded doing the laundry. So I gave up. And I gave up again, and again. But this time I can't let myself give up. I can't do it. Last week I ran a mile for the first time since before I was pregnant. It felt amazing. (Afterwards.)
I lost a pound last week. I was hoping for more but a pound is okay. This week I've set my mind to lose more than that.



I'm following this to get back into running.

10 Week training schedule.

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Hello - here from ICLW! I too have just started to excercise in an attempt to lose some weight as well! I too have to say as much as I do not like to exercise, it felt good afterwards!! I wish you the best!

annie said...

Happy ICLW and happy running - there is nothing quite like it!

Donor Diva said...

Soo glad I stumbled upon your blog from the ICLW. With several other bloggers we are doing a weekly Wednesday Weight-In to help support eachother through our weight loss goals. It would be great if you could join us!

Happy ICLW!

UGH, blogger comments hates me right now!

Donor Diva
www.donordiva.com

Unknown said...

Happy ICLW!

Good luck with your weight loss! It's such a hard daunting task (for me at least). And running... you're amazing! I am not a runner.

Kristin said...

Good luck with getting going on your fitness journey. Sounds like you are doing a great job so far.

ICLW #66

Jos said...

I think a pound a week is a good, realistic, long-term weight loss goal that you can stick with! Way to go on choosing to NOT give up on yourself today!

Donor Diva said...

A pound a week is great! I am thinking of switching to your running program, mine seems toramp things up to fast for me.