Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Week 23 and a Half.

I woke up this morning to a baby dance party in my belly. Sometimes I still can't believe that all this is happening to me. I can't believe that I am going to be a mom to a real live little boy in about 16 weeks.

I'm feeling really good. I'm not really having any issues lately. Just the occasional back ache. I am getting cravings really bad. All I want is D*airy*Q*uee*n and I really want a really nice steak with a wedge salad covered in blue cheese. ( So sad no blue cheese no blue cheese for me.)

We are working on getting the baby's room put together. I am painting a mural on his wall. I'll post pictures when it is done. Hub got a model ship and he put that together over the weekend. We bought the wooden letters to spell out his name. I still need to paint them. When I'm done painting his wall Hub and his friend will move the dresser into the room. I just walk by the open door and stare at his room that is starting to fill up with all of his little things.

This weekend Hub and I are going to go thrift store shopping and look for baby clothes and things. We have a few really good ones around here, and I've been able to find some nice things, including most of my maternity clothes.

Well I have to go do the laundry now... Yay fun... NOT... Hope everyone had a good weekend. : )

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh, Jenn...I hope that those 16 weeks are just going to fly by! :)

Can't wait to see your nursery pics. I know that his room will be adorable. And good luck at the thrift stores! We've gotten some great deals at the ones here...even some never-been-worn, still-had-the-tags-on-them, name-brand baby clothes for 25cents each!! We have some great consignment shops, too...I love digging for deals! :)

BTW: Have a bite or two of DQ for me, okay? :)

Jill said...

Umm, I want vanilla cones dipped in chocolate from dq Every Day!

Do you have the store Once Upon a Child near you? It is a great place for nice, clean second hand baby/kids clothes. I want to buy everything there!

jenn said...

Yup we have a Once upon a child and I got 3 brand new outfits for 10 dollars. :) I love that place! ... Did you know if you go online to their website you can sign up and get a 5 $ gift card? I thought that was pretty cool!