Wednesday, March 28, 2012

updates.

It’s been a while so I think it’s time for an update. (Damn straight I'm using bullets.)

* Started my low carb diet back up. It's not too bad so far. But it's only day one. I'd like to lose 30 pounds before we move. We'll see how that goes.

* Holding out a small-ish chunklet of hope that I might get knocked up again before we move and the reality of underways and deployments makes that dream highly unlikely for a while again.

* Still don't know where we are moving. Still hoping that we won’t get stuck with the G word.

* We bought a pop up camper! It's 30 years old... but it’s in really good shape. Looking forward to a lot of camping this season.

* Jack's vocabulary is exploding. He picks up at least one new word every day. He mastered Please ( pese!)... so everything is Bite please, more more more ... please, point to random thing at store Please *bats eyelashes.*

* I have some form of plague right now. It started as a rash on my cheek, and morphed into an awful head cold, with green gunk coming out of every hole in my face. (Sorry that was gross.)

* Planning on doing 3 mile walks everyday.(After the plague goes away.) Weather permitting. Wish me luck. Exercise has not been something that has come easy since having Jack. In fact I've sucked at it. I can't seem to find a balance between exercise and getting the stuff done. I'm hoping to change that.

* My house looks like a Toys R us exploded. I need some sort of organizing system. I just don't know where to start.

* Jack is in love with outside, and the slide, and playing with Balls. He knows the difference between a football and a basketball and a soccer ball and a baseball... and will tell you. Which makes any trip to the store super fun. He's all "foot ball pese." "Baskit ball pese!" "base ball pese!!" It's so hard to say no, and right now balls are every where.

* I'm pretty sure this is going to be the best spring/ summer ever! Because, Jack is exploding with all sorts of fun stuff.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Sorry you're feeling so crummy...hope it passes soon!

I had to laugh a little at the *bats eyelashes* part. PJ does that, too. Too cute. :) Our house is also a version on ToysRUs. I did finally get some fabric cubes for her shelves and divided some stuff that way. It really just gives me something else to do at the end of every day(putting her toys back in the cubes) but it makes me feel like I did a little something toward taming the mess that is our home. ;)